Irresistible Bright Green Bike Helmets

Share   |  Posted Jun. 13, 2012 by Elen Apel

You may have noticed your co-worker with a bright green Nice Ride bike helmet. Where did it come from? How can you get your own?

Thanks to generous funding from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, Nice Ride's title sponsor, we are giving away more than 10,000 bright green helmets over the next two years. The helmets meet the US Consumer Product Safety Commission guidelines and the American Society for Testing and Manufacturing (ASTM) F1447 specifications. The helmets are brightly colored with Nice Ride green and carry both the Nice Ride and Blue Cross logos.

Nice Ride Minnesota will be at many events throughout the Nice Ride season and plans to have a limited number of helmets at each event. How do you get your own? If you are a Nice Ride member, come to the front of the line, present your Nice Ride key or unlocking code, and we will take care of you! Not a Nice Ride member? Why not!? Become a member today! Otherwise, you might have to wait in line to get your helmet. Some events also request you play some fun and games to receive the helmet. It just depends on the event! For all events, please keep the following in mind:

• We are serious about promoting bike safety and want to make sure the helmet is properly fitted. Please be patient as we take time with each individual to ensure the best fit.
  • Helmets will only be given to the person present. You may not take the helmet and give to another person whether that be a co-worker or family member.
  • All recipients must be at least 16 years old.
  • We are happy to provide this service for you, and appreciate your patience and understanding if you need to wait in line or if we run out of helmets for the specific event

Where can you get one? Stay tuned to our Facebook page for notification about our events, or subscribe to the Nice Ride weekly newsletter to learn more about great events throughout the Twin Cities. If you can't find an event near you, you can also stop in at the Commuter Connection in downtown Minneapolis.

Commuter Connection
220 South 6th Street #230 (skyway)
Minneapolis, MN 55402
612-370-3987

Hours for helmet pick-up; 10:30am - 4:30pm
Office hours: 10am-5pm

(1) On June 14, 2012, ric schafer () said:
where can I get a helmet?
(2) On June 14, 2012, PAM MUTCHLER () said:
I stood in line @the commuter fair @Elmer Anderson building today to get a helmet, however just as I got closer, the helmets were gone! Very disappointing!
(3) On June 14, 2012, Jesi (http://www.allnaturalclass.com) said:
Just got a bike to get back into shape because I am disabled. Looking forward to getting a helmet. Free would be a blessing!
Got my Nice Ride helmet at the Tiny Trips event! I know that people are already jealous of me riding my stylish Nice Ride bike, but now they'll be doubly so when I'm sporting my fabulous matchin helmet! Thanks, Nice Ride and Blue Cross, for keeping my noggin looking good AND protected this summer.
(5) On June 20, 2012, cycleman () said:
Minneapolis was an easier town to get around in before these stupid bike lanes were jammed down our throats.
(6) On June 21, 2012, Robbie () said:
The email says to click on this site to get Green Helmets and this site says to watch for emails. Catch-22?

PS I love Nice Ride bikes and think whachu all do is wonderful!
(7) On July 2, 2012, Stolen Bike () said:
My bike was stolen yesterday (Sunday July 1). It is a dark blue Bianchi Volpe. The frame is a size 61, it's sized for someone taller, 6'2" or so. It was locked to a bike ramp at the YMCA on 8th street between LaSalle & Hennipen and the theft occured sometime between 7:30 am and 12:45 p.m.

The serial number is 8 characters long with the first 3 characters beginning with 'HGH.....'.

If you see this or suspect a bike like this may be stolen please contact the Minneapolis Police Department 1st Precinct @ 612-673-5701. A report has been filed with a thorough despcrition including the serial number.

Bicycle theft and other petty crimes appear to be rising in Minneapolis, so watch out and be aware of where you leave your valuables.
(8) On July 18, 2013, Anna () said:
Where can I get one of these? Please let us know thanks!